Lost in Linux
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to go when your favorite distro's forum goes on the fritz.....

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Klikit Forums down again! Tuesday 1/13/09

Go down 
+3
gray wolf
jonnib
papabearak
7 posters
AuthorMessage
papabearak

Klikit Forums down again!  Tuesday 1/13/09 Empty
PostSubject: Klikit Forums down again! Tuesday 1/13/09   Klikit Forums down again!  Tuesday 1/13/09 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:00 pm

Rolling Eyes Well gang, here we go again! It is currently Noon U.S. Mountain time, and the forums have been offline for the better part of an hour. Beyond that I have no news to impart. I have added a link to these forums in the sidebar on the Klikit Wiki. It is in red, so easy to spot. Ben
Back to top Go down
papabearak

PostSubject: Re: Klikit Forums down again! Tuesday 1/13/09   Klikit Forums down again!  Tuesday 1/13/09 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:23 pm

Okay, looks like the forums are back online as of 12:20 U.S. Mountain time. Ben
Back to top Go down
jonnib

PostSubject: Re: Klikit Forums down again! Tuesday 1/13/09   Klikit Forums down again!  Tuesday 1/13/09 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:31 pm

...yes they are, now :PST.....THANKS - Ben....

...jonnib. Smile
Back to top Go down
gray wolf

PostSubject: Forums are funky, again 011409 @ 8:44am CST   Klikit Forums down again!  Tuesday 1/13/09 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 9:47 am

Well boys & girls, it's more fun in LinuxLand ! Evil or Very Mad

I can log into the forum, but the page does not fully display and thus I can not see any messages, reply, etc. What up with dat??? Question Question

Stop the insanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope this forum issue gets resolved once & for all, soon.

GW
Back to top Go down
woodsmoke

PostSubject: so you're an hour ahead!   Klikit Forums down again!  Tuesday 1/13/09 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 11:44 am

But, then you've always been somewhat ahead of the curve!
Smile

woodsmoke
Back to top Go down
S3Indiana

S3Indiana

PostSubject: Re: Klikit Forums down again! Tuesday 1/13/09   Klikit Forums down again!  Tuesday 1/13/09 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 12:02 pm

gray wolf wrote:

Time would probably be better spend letting the existing forum pass and move forward with the new plan...
Back to top Go down
http://s3indiana.multiply.com/
gray wolf

PostSubject: Re: Klikit Forums down again! Tuesday 1/13/09   Klikit Forums down again!  Tuesday 1/13/09 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 12:07 pm

S3Indiana wrote:
gray wolf wrote:

Time would probably be better spend letting the existing forum pass and move forward with the new plan...

SI:

Not sure what you meant? I'm referring to the technical difficulties that prevent us from having access, again, this morning. Smile

GW
Back to top Go down
S3Indiana

S3Indiana

PostSubject: Re: Klikit Forums down again! Tuesday 1/13/09   Klikit Forums down again!  Tuesday 1/13/09 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 2:18 pm

gray wolf wrote:
S3Indiana wrote:
gray wolf wrote:

Not sure what you meant? I'm referring to the technical difficulties that prevent us from having access, again, this morning. Smile
The existing forum has to many issues to be worth any more time. We can reside here until the new forum is activated (hopefully after bronze Smile...
Back to top Go down
jonnib

PostSubject: Re: Klikit Forums down again! Tuesday 1/13/09   Klikit Forums down again!  Tuesday 1/13/09 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 2:35 pm

S3Indiana wrote:
gray wolf wrote:
S3Indiana wrote:
gray wolf wrote:

The existing forum has to many issues to be worth any more time. We can reside here until the new forum is activated (hopefully after bronze Smile...

....I suppose "All good things come to an END"....but S3, are YOU in the KNOW?...If this is the case, some might want to be notified,in time, to aquire some of the Important OPERATIONAL info that was posted there (over time) - for posterity sake...etc...

..jonnib. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Me-My

Me-My

PostSubject: Re: Klikit Forums down again! Tuesday 1/13/09   Klikit Forums down again!  Tuesday 1/13/09 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 2:46 pm

several years back I started a folder called fix its and have since saved anything pertinent to me in it as text files. some are now out dated but at least get me going in the right direction when needed.
I hope I have it current! I need to check it.

Shocked Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jonnib

PostSubject: Re: Klikit Forums down again! Tuesday 1/13/09   Klikit Forums down again!  Tuesday 1/13/09 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 4:13 pm

Me-My wrote:
several years back I started a folder called fix its and have since saved anything pertinent to me in it as text files. some are now out dated but at least get me going in the right direction when needed.
I hope I have it current! I need to check it.

Shocked Very Happy Very Happy

....Thanks memy, I might have to "BUG" you more!... Laughing Laughing Laughing

...I was hoping to do the same, but am preoccupied with my home project, for the time being...
-It seems there's never enough time...and its always somethin'.

...jonnib. Wink
Back to top Go down
S3Indiana

S3Indiana

PostSubject: Re: Klikit Forums down again! Tuesday 1/13/09   Klikit Forums down again!  Tuesday 1/13/09 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 7:00 pm

jonnib wrote:
S3Indiana wrote:
gray wolf wrote:
S3Indiana wrote:
gray wolf wrote:

....I suppose "All good things come to an END"....but S3, are YOU in the KNOW?...If this is the case, some might want to be notified,in time, to aquire some of the Important OPERATIONAL info that was posted there (over time) - for posterity sake...etc...
S3 not know Smile; just a recommendation. They should be able to save the data for posterity (in a read-only format)). Clean slate is good every once in awhile Smile...
Back to top Go down
StanTheMan

PostSubject: Re: Klikit Forums down again! Tuesday 1/13/09   Klikit Forums down again!  Tuesday 1/13/09 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 7:37 pm

Forum functioning again now. I noticed that when it was inaccessible, reading the html code of the index file page , showed that the index file was corrupted.
Back to top Go down
woodsmoke

PostSubject: this forum must be hosted somewhere around Burma   Klikit Forums down again!  Tuesday 1/13/09 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 7:37 pm

The post I made above today at noon reads 4 o'clock yesterday Smile

woodsmoke
Back to top Go down
woodsmoke

PostSubject: French West Africa? Great Britain?   Klikit Forums down again!  Tuesday 1/13/09 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 7:41 pm

Now I'm beginning to think more like the western tip of Britain or what used to be French West Africa( my globe was made about 1934 Smile ) I keep it for posterior's sake! Smile

But it still tells time!!

woodsmoke
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Klikit Forums down again! Tuesday 1/13/09   Klikit Forums down again!  Tuesday 1/13/09 Empty

Back to top Go down

Klikit Forums down again! Tuesday 1/13/09
Page 1 of 1