- macrohard wrote:
- Thats simple.....
Get a gun......
Well if woodsmoke lives in these parts of the world (Belgium or The Netherlands) AND this happens around December (and suddenly stop after December 6th) it's COMPLETELY normal
Unlike the American Ripoff, this is the Original "Sint Nicolaas" aka "Sinterklaas" and bastardized by the American language into "Santaclause (or however you spell it).
Unlike Santa, "De Sint" as we call him :
- is an Old Bishop from Spain (actually he's from Turkey but back then people thought everything coming from that direction came from spain).
- Rides a white horse (not completely white though the Dutch seem to call it "Americo" or something while we the Belgians call it "Slecht Weer Vandaag" which means Bad Weather Today).
- He's 300+ years old (the man not his horse).
- His birthday is December 6th (In Holland they have "present eve" on December 5th)
- His helpers are black, one could say that they are black because of the rut in the chimney but folklore has it that these are actually punished demons or something who are to help him with his good deeds).
and he rides on the rooftops and get's into the houses through the chimney (like Santa)
He goes back to spain after the 6th.
Anyway I guess mister Wikipedia can explain it better : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas